Alabama Child Support Enforcement

Child support laws can be enforced if payment for child support is not paid or is due. The plaintiff can file a complaint with the relevant bodies to have the defendant pay for the financial support of the child or children.

According to the Alabama child, a parent who has agreed or have been directed by a court order to pay for support, they should abide by that order or agreement.

If this is not the case, you can file a request to have the culprit take up his or her responsibilities.

How to File a Request in Case of Failure to Pay for Support

It is your duty to receive payments as the parent who has the child custody on a monthly or the agreed period of time.

If the payments do not come through or are late for a period of 30 days, you should start filing a request to have the department human services in Alabama that deals with child support to have the request enforced.

The following steps apply:

Step 1: Access and download the request form:

Step 2: Fill in the form as required.


Step 3: Find the contacts of County Office as shown above or here and send the complete form request.

Your request will be evaluated before it can be enforced.

Once found to be valid, guidelines and laws of child support will take effect and defendant will be forced, in line with those laws and guidelines, to pay for child support in time.