Rhode Island Child Support Enforcement

Through the office of child support services in Rhode Island, there is a legal way to enforce an order which will result in the payment of child support by the noncustodial parent. Assuming that you already have such an arrangement and the paying parent suddenly stops paying for such support, then you can file a complaint with the relevant child support offices in your local area.

How to File a Request in Case of Failure to Pay for Support

The steps will involve letting the office of child support services to familiarize with your case and child support arrangement. On that note, you have to present detailed information about that arrangement and evidence of default in payment by the noncustodial parent. The steps will entail:

Step 1:  Access and download the form.

Step 2: Fill in the details as required with information of the custodial and noncustodial parents, children information, and medical insurance.

Step 3: Sign it at the bottom.

Step 4: After you have completed filling the form, send it to the address below:

Department of Human Services


77 Dorrance Street

Providence, RI 02903