South Dakota Child Support Enforcement

With help from the division of child support in South Dakota, it is possible to file a complaint and enforce an order if the paying parent has refused to pay for child support as agreed. It protects the interests of children who should receive support from their parents regardless of whether they are together or not. All expenses that a child incurs should be covered by both parents. The violation of such an agreement to contribute to child support will force the custodial parent to file a complaint.

How to File a Request in Case of Failure to Pay for Support

The road to filing a request in case of failure to pay for support begins with filling a form. You have to include all the required details to have your complaint processed. The steps include:

Step 1: Access and download the form.

Step 2: Fill in the form with the details of the applicant, parents, children, health insurance information, court orders, and attorney details.

Step 3: Sign it at the bottom once you are done.

Step 4: Fill in the affidavit with the required details.

Step 5: Sign it and send it to your local child support address.